BOOKING CANCELLATION INSURANCE
INSURER EUROP ASSISTANCE ESPAÑA, S.A. DE SEGUROS Y REASEGUROS (hereinafter referred to as EUROP ASSISTANCE), which assumes the risk defined in this contract.
Booking cancellation EUROP ASSISTANCE will reimburse up to the limit insured according to the booking deposit, and in any case no more than 2,000 euros, the costs for the cancellation of the reservation (referring only to the accommodation, unless the invoice also includes other items that cannot be separated out and in any case not covering tax, issue charges, insurance and any additional expense) as may be invoiced to the Insured Party in application of the general conditions of sale employed by the provider.
The reservation must have been cancelled prior to the start of the stay, and the cancellation notified to the provider. Reimbursement will be made in euro.
This cover shall apply from the date on which the booking is formalised and shall end on the date accommodation starts or should start.
It will only be valid if at least 72 hours have passed between when the policy is stipulated and when the event generating the cancellation takes place.
The causes of the cancellation resulting in the application of this cover,must prevent use of the accommodation on the dates contracted and must have taken place after stipulating the insurance:
1. Serious illness, major bodily accident or death of:
- the Insured Party.
- first or second degree family member.
- the person designated to look after under-age or disabled children.
- the professional substitute.
2. death of a third degree family member.
3. serious injury in the home or professional premises of the Insured Party.
4. dismissal of the Insured Party.
5. starting work in a new company, to which he was hired during the previous six months. The multiple contracts stipulated by temporary employment agencies (“ETT”) to carry out works in other companies will be considered as contracts for the companies in which the worker goes about his work.
6. Summonsing as party, witness in a court or member of a jury.
7. Presentation at official examinations.
8. Convening as a member of a polling station.
9. Acts of air, terrestrial and shipping piracy that makes it impossible for the Insured Party to start his travel or stay.
10. Expenses due to the transfer of the stay due to cancellation by the Insured Party.
11. Parallel income declaration made by the Ministry of Finance for an amount in excess of 600 euros.
12. Cancellation of travel because the Insured Party travels with another similar won in a public raffle and before a notary.
13. Theft of documents or equipment, which makes it impossible for the Insured Party to start or continue travel or start his stay.
14. Breakdown or accident in the vehicle owned by the Insured Party or his spouse, which prevents the Insured Party from starting or continuing travel or the stay.
15. Extension of the contract of employment.
16. Forced transfer of work, with a period spent away that exceeds three months.
17. Unexpected call for surgery.
18. Complications during pregnancy or miscarriage.
19. Official declaration of a natural disaster in the place of origin of the Insured Party.
20. Police detainment of the Insured Party for causes that are not a crime.
21. Summonsing for divorce proceedings.
22. Assignment of an adopted child.
23. Call for organ transplant.
24. Unexpected non-concession of visas for unjustified reasons.
25. Concession of official grants.
26. Any illness of insured children under the age of two.
27. Summonsing for the submission and signing of official documents.
28. Declaration of contest of the Insured Party’s company. T
he costs of the cancellation of an insured escort named on the same reservation will be covered when the Insured Party has cancelled for any of the reasons given in this cover and this cancellation would mean that the escort has to travel alone.
Insured under-age children named on the same reservation will also be covered when one of the accompanying adults cancels for any of the reasons given in this cover.
To claim the indemnity granted under this cover, the Insured Party must submit the following documents:
1. Copy of the document showing the onset of the claim (medical report or death certificate, report by the fire brigade, police report, report by the insurance company, etc.). This document must state the date of the event (hospitalisation, death, claim).
2. Invoice and/or receipts of payment of the deposit to the provider.
3. Copy or photocopy of the invoice of cancellation costs. Cancellation costs of the reservation must be justified in the documents requested above.
This policy does not cover the costs stemming from the contracting of excursions, visits, entries and all other costs that are not exclusively transport and accommodation. Equally, it does not cover the consequences of the following events:
1. those caused deliberately by the Insured Party or policy beneficiaries.
2. illnesses or accidents deriving from the consumption of alcoholic drinks, drugs, medicines or medicinal products, save where they have been prescribed by a doctor.
3. those arising from an act of fearless imprudence or gross negligence and those deriving from crimes an the participation in bets, challenges or fights, except where in cases of legitimate defence.
4. suicide, attempted suicide or selfharming by the Insured Party.
5. epidemics or infectious disease of repeated onset and rapid progression in the population as well as those caused by pollution and/or atmospheric contamination.
6. wars, manifestations, uprisings, popular movements, acts of terrorism, sabotage and strikes, whether or not such have been officially declared.
7. transformation of the atom nucleus an radiation caused by the artificial acceleration of atomic particles.
8. earthquakes, flooding, volcanic eruption and, more generally, all natural disasters.
9. non-subjection to official bans.
10. lack or impossibility of vaccination or monitoring of the medical treatment necessary to travel to certain countries.
11. non-presentation, forgetting and/or expiry of the documents necessary to travel, such as passport, visa (except for non-concession for justified reasons), tickets or similar.
12. any meteorological contingency that makes it impossible to carry out the activity envisaged for the travel or stay, except for the cover of an official declaration of a disaster zone.
13. any cause not demonstrated by means of all documented evidence that shows the reason for cancellation.
14. Any non-serious illness, except those specifically covered.
15. Any cause of cancellation or annulment of the stay contracted that is not specifically described as cover offered in the relevant article, is specifically excluded.